An IDE is an Integrated Development Environment.
It’s a piece of software that provides the facility to develop other computer software easily; comprehensive IDE’s speed up the software development process by providing debugging tools and automation of the build process (translating high-level code into machine code), as well as many other features.
CLick Here for more info on IDE’s and software development - BBC Bitesize
- Repl.it (Online IDE)
- Jupyter Notebook (Interactive Computing)
- Visual Studio Code (Generic)
- Atom (Generic)
- Sublime (Generic, £60~ licence)
- Brackets (Generic)
- Vim - the Ubiquitous Text Editor (Generic)
- Jet Brains (Free for Students) (Various)
Please Note: Links are up-to-date as of 07/19, but may not be maintained.